Monday, April 21, 2014

Farewell To The PHC, For Now!!

     The interns presented their internships on Friday, April 18th, at the Public History Center. I presented everything that I did this semester. I organized the Sanford High School Collection, scanned it into the computer, submitted every item into Riches M.I., accessioned the collection into PastPerfect, and created a collection Register. I also kept this blog through it all.
     I had such a great experience interning at the PHC! It was such a pleasure working with the wonderful people there. A special thanks to Professor Sample and Shirley in archives who guided me and taught me throughout the semester! I have learned so much about archiving, and now I am confident that I could do it again.
     Though the internship is over, I will be returning to the PHC to volunteer in the archives again. They have a doll collection there that needs attention, which I have a passion for. They have American Girl Dolls, and as a child, they were my favorite toy.
     Until then, I bid adieu to the PHC. Until next time, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment